Perfect opportunity to acquire an original loft apartment in this most iconic Heritage Woolstore. Positioned on the top floor of the building with double height lofted ceilings and lovered windows set in the saw tooth roof line. Double sliding glass windows across the living and dining areas allows for natural light and cross air flow.
The loft is configured as a built in bedroom and separate study/home office. The lower level provides the living space, kitchen, bathroom and additional built in bedroom.
OVERVIEW OF FEATURES –
– Open plan living and dining
– Kitchen supports built-in Smeg wall oven & dishwasher. Timber cabinetry & pantry
– Light filled interiors. Internal industrial outlook from double opening glass sliding doors
– Large tiled bathroom, integrated laundry
– Air conditioning
– Security under cover car park
– Security intercom access to building
– Riverfront pool
– BBQ’s, decks and Gazebos in sub-tropical gardens
– Ferry and bus services at the door
– Body Corporates $1,438 per quarter
– Council Rates $441.49 per quarter
BUILDING HISTORY –
Mactaggarts Place, circa 1926, built from imported English bricks used as ballast on the visiting sailing clippers. Built as a wool classing and storage facility. In advance of wool sales, sample bales were displayed on the top ‘show floor’ under the saw tooth roof. Wool from all over Queensland came to the stores by ship and rail for export to England.
Buy into our history and join the many owners that have gained through capitol growth by purchased in the building and renovating the original apartments that were first offered for sale in 1995.